Putting the Human Back into Adult Education
My project for the course is about e-learning. The future is uncertain and new studies might again take ‘human’ interaction out of education.
The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.
Source: President ABRAHAM LINCOLN, annual message to Congress, December 1, 1862
- it will contain a mixture of two or more of: text, image, sound, video, links. – Includes 3- text, image and links.
- it will be easy to access and view online. – This artefact sis available via the link.
- it will be stable enough to be assessed for at least two weeks. – It is permanently available.
To create my artefact I used the following on line tools:-
WordPress Blogs : http://wordpress.com/
When in time : http://whenintime.com/
How long/big should the artefact be?
We suggest a maximum word count of 800 words. Video or audio assignments should be no longer than 5 minutes.
I have included a lot of links for further reading for people who are interested in this subject. Viewing the artefact should only take five minutes.
- The artefact addresses one or more themes for the course. My artefact theme is Reasserting the Human
- The artefact suggests that the author understands at least one key concept from the course. It shows how humans interact in educational situations.
- The artefact has something to say about digital education. It explores the evolution of digital education in e-learning.
- The choice of media is appropriate for the message. I have used a timeline to show the evolution.
- The artefact stimulates a reaction in you, as its audience, e.g. emotion, thinking, action. Users can connect to the links for further information. Some of them concern ethical and moral concerns.
The History of Distance Learning This is the link that I will submit as my artefact.
Included in that is my description of Blended learning which currently puts the human back into teaching.
Please feel free to comment.